Thursday, January 23, 2014

Can We Eat to Starve Cancer

Could it be possible to eat specific foods in order to prevent cancerous tumors from growing and thriving in our bodies? Believe it or not, it is!

Dr. William Li sheds light on a new way to handle cancerous tumors; through an anti-angiogenesis treatment. He explains that by simply eating specific foods, you can help your body ward off potential tumors. This method not only helps prevent cancer, but when a cancerous tumor is present, these foods cut the tumors blood supply, in order to prevent the tumor from growing any larger and in some cases it decreases the size of the tumor. Foods such as berries, dark chocolate, pumpkin, and kale are all examples of cancer fighting foods. And drinks like green tea and red wine are a few examples of drinks that benefit your health when it comes to cancer. With this new treatment, fighting and helping prevent cancer has never been easier! Fight on people.  

This Ted talk made me realize that fighting cancer at the ease of eating is one thing I can do to help myself in the long run. It opened my eyes to the thought that I should be taking my health and young age to an advantage by eating these foods on a regular basis in order to help prevent any future cancerous conditions I may have in my life. It goes to show that just by doing a simple thing everyday you can help your body make a huge difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment